Friday, January 2, 2009

First ride of 2009

I took advantage of the wonderful weather today and got out for the first ride of the new year. Totally uneventful other than feeling really good. After all the rush to get the last miles in and reach my goal, I am a both little depressed at the mileage log (sitting closer to zero than 2000) and very excited to keep the momentum up for potentially more miles in 2009 than 2008.

The last few months of 2008 I felt I got in a good groove for riding and adding miles. I was able to dial in my commuter bike, messing with 4 different sets of panniers, different lights, and a handlebar bag that has an "issue". So I am confident that I can more commuting in for 2009. I also found a good weekly ride on Thursday nights that I have permission to make a regular activity. So, I should be able, when work and kid stuff doesn't conflict, to get some more regular weekly riding, and then maintaining the weekend riding, I should be able to get more miles in 2009 than 2008. At least, that's the plan.

No comments: